More than three years in the making, this Van Cleef & Arpels Lady Arpels Papillion Automate wrist watch brings the beauty of nature — and the glory of automatons — to the wrist. Featuring a stunning automaton butterfly amidst a shimmering garden of beauty, the watch brings together the brand’s grand expertise in haute joaillerie and haute horology. The translucent enamel painted gold butterfly flutters its wings in a remarkable display several times each hour. Each time the butterfly moves it can flutter as many as 19 times so that in any given hour, the wings will open and close more than 100 times. Additionally, the wearer can activate the wings on demand by a press of the crown. The complex movement, which holds four patents, was developed exclusively for Van Cleef & Arpels. The highly detailed dial is created using a mix of champlevé enamel, paillonne enamel, plique-a-jour (translucent) painting, gem setting and more. Round- and pear-shaped diamonds and colored sapphires outline the magnificent garden.
- Valentine’s Day: Paul Forrest’s Heart’s Passion Will Steal Her Heart
- Blancpain Creates Ode To Love With Villeret Valentine Watch 2018
- Winter Wonder Watch: Harry Winston Premier Blooming Snow 36mm
- Three Fun and Flirty Fashion Watches For Under $250. Just in Time for the Holidays
- Would You Pay $300,000 for a 7.2-Carat Emerald, and a Trip to the Emerald Mine?